A smile makeover is one-of-a-kind treatment that includes various cosmetic dentistry procedures to meet your specific goals. Because each treatment is so unique, there are many smile makeover combinations available. At his Kansas City, MO, practice, Dr. John P. Goodman can explain your various options, including the price and expected timeline for each. With his expertise and years of experience, he can determine the treatments that will most suit your unique appearance. He will also help you create a treatment plan that fits your budget and lifestyle. Thanks to Dr. Goodman's meticulous techniques, he can ensure beautiful and long-lasting results.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
Smile makeovers are cosmetic treatments, designed to achieve a complete smile transformation. If you struggle with one to several types of aesthetic issues, a makeover may be right for you:
- Misshapen or worn teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Overlapping teeth or other orthodontic issues
- An excessive amount of gum tissue
- Teeth that appear small or disproportionate
- Chipped or cracked teeth
Makeovers are intended to enhance the aesthetics of your smile. Nevertheless, in some cases, they can include restorative treatments, such as dental crowns. Additionally, you can undergo a makeover after extensive restorative care.
Dr. Goodman is an excellent choice for any type of smile makeover because he is skilled in performing a diverse range of procedures.
Common Makeover Combinations
Although a smile makeover can include a number of different procedures, there are several treatments that Dr. Goodman often performs in conjunction with one another. These combinations include:
- Gum contouring and porcelain veneers: If you have a “gummy smile,” Dr. Goodman can gently remove excess tissue to reveal more of your teeth. He can also use gum contouring to improve a ragged or uneven gum line. Once he has created a beautiful framework for your smile, he can further enhance your smile with porcelain veneers. This combination is one of the most effective ways to achieve a truly dramatic transformation.
- Whitening and fillings: Our take-home teeth whitening can lighten external dental stains by several shades. If you have old metal fillings that have started to show through your teeth, whitening cannot address this type of discoloration. During your makeover, Dr. Goodman can replace your old fillings with new, tooth-colored fillings or recommend another type of restoration.
- Orthodontics and bonding: If you suffer from a gap in your smile, misalignment, or crooked teeth, we may recommend orthodontics. Bonding can fill in small chips or gaps in the teeth, adding the final touch to your treatment.
Why Choose Dr. Goodman for Your Makeover?
If you are considering a smile makeover, Dr. Goodman is an excellent choice for your care. He has years of experience with cosmetic dentistry, and he stays informed on the latest techniques and materials. For example, he may be able to beautify your smile in just one appointment using same-day veneers. In addition, he is skilled performing a diverse range of procedures.
Learn More about Your Makeover Plan
Dr. Goodman strives to create smile makeover combinations that exceed our patients' expectations. To learn more about designing your custom treatment plan, contact our office today.