Snap-On Smile®: A Fast and Effective Way to Transform Your Smile
Patients who are seeking an instantly transformed appearance can benefit from Snap-On Smile® at our Kansas City, MO, practice. This revolutionary appliance fits snugly over your teeth, much like an orthodontic aligner or bleaching tray, and conceals a wide range of aesthetic flaws, including cracks, chips, discoloration, and more. With over 20 years of experience, Dr. John P. Goodman is passionate about helping patients achieve the smile of their dreams.
Video: Snap-On Smile®
What Is Snap-On Smile?
Snap-On Smile is a removable dental appliance that delivers cosmetic results. Since the appliance's arch fits over your original teeth, anesthesia and drilling are not required. Additionally, this treatment is non-invasive and completely reversible. Unlike alternative appliances, Snap-On Smile does not cover the roof of the mouth or intrude on the gum tissue, and therefore offers optimal comfort.
Since each patient is unique, every Snap-On Smile® case will be catered to the needs of the individual.
Snap-On Smile is typically less expensive compared to alternative procedures. This option is an effective way to camouflage aesthetic flaws while waiting to complete your cosmetic dental treatment plan. Alternatively, it can serve as a solution for those who do not presently want to pay for extensive dental work.
Is Snap-On Smile Right for You?
Snap-On Smile is an option for virtually any patient who is dissatisfied with cosmetic dental issues. This treatment option can address:
- Dental erosion
- Chipped, cracked, or fractured teeth
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Missing teeth
- Spaces or gaps between the teeth
- Intrinsic stains that do not respond to teeth whitening
There are certain patients who may not be eligible for this type of treatment. For example, Snap-On Smile is not recommended for individuals who suffer from bruxism (teeth clenching or grinding), since it can damage the appliance and negate the results of treatment.
Snap-On Smile is strictly a cosmetic treatment. Therefore, while it cannot correct dental problems, it can hide them. Overall, Snap-On Smile is an excellent option for those who do not qualify for or cannot afford porcelain veneers, dental bridges, dental implants, or other treatments.
What to Expect during Treatment
Since each patient is unique, every Snap-On Smile case will be catered to the needs of the individual. Transforming your smile with this appliance can usually be completed in just two office visits. General steps to the procedure include:
- Initial consultation: If you are interested in Snap-On Smile, the first thing you will need to do is visit Dr. Goodman for a consultation. During this visit, he will talk to you in detail about your personal cosmetic concerns and overall goals.
- Dental impressions: Next, impressions will be taken of your teeth. This will be completed using either traditional dental putty or a digital handheld wand.
- Shade and style selection: You and Dr. Goodman will choose a shade and style that most closely matches your desired smile.
- Fabrication: A trained technician will use your dental impressions to create your new custom appliance.
- Placement: Once your appliance is ready, we will schedule a second appointment. During this visit, Dr. Goodman will have you try on your Snap-On Smile and make any necessary adjustments.
Enhance Your Smile Today
If you are self-conscious about the appearance of your smile, Snap-On Smile can deliver an instant smile transformation.