Most people have looked at themselves in the mirror and wished that their teeth were brighter and whiter. Although many desire a more dazzling smile, some are hesitant to undergo teeth whitening treatment because they wonder if it can really work as promised. Teeth whitening can improve the color of the teeth by up to eight shades, and can do so in as little as one hour. Dr. John P. Goodman has helped many patients achieve the bright, white smile they desire through this non-invasive cosmetic treatment. Here, we answer some teeth whitening FAQs for our Kansas City patients to set aside any uncertainties they may have regarding this beneficial cosmetic dental procedure.
- Do I have to go to your office for treatment?For the fastest teeth whitening results, we advise patients to consider in-office teeth whitening treatment. This process can be completed in about an hour, and often provides patients with the whitening results they desire after just a single appointment. However, we do offer an at-home teeth whitening treatment option that allows patients to benefit from professional strength teeth whitening power from the comfort of their own home. Even in the case of at-home teeth whitening, patients will need to schedule an appointment so that we can design custom teeth whitening trays for their treatment.
- How soon will I see results? The results of in-office teeth whitening are instant. Patients will leave our offices with teeth that are several shades brighter (most patients achieve teeth that are eight shades whiter). At-home teeth whitening treatment offers more gradual results, but patients should notice a dramatic improvement after using the trays consistently for about two weeks.
- Is teeth whitening safe? Teeth whitening is considered to be one of the safest cosmetic dentistry treatments available. It is a non-invasive treatment with minimal risks. Most of these risks (which include damage to the soft tissues of the mouth) can be avoided under the supervision of professional care and through the use of custom-fit mouth guards, which are provided by Dr. Goodman.
- What are the side effects of treatment? Teeth whitening results in few side effects. In fact, many patients experience no side effects at all after treatment. Those who do should experience no more than a slight and temporary increase in tooth sensitivity. This increased sensitivity should last for only a few days after treatment.
- How much does teeth whitening cost? To get an accurate cost for teeth whitening treatment, patients will need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Goodman. On average, in-office treatment ranges from $500 to $800 and at-home whitening trays cost slightly less.
Schedule an Appointment
If you want to safely and effectively improve the color of your teeth, there is no better option than professional teeth whitening treatment. Dr. John P. Goodman can help you enhance the appearance of your smile by brightening your teeth by up to eight shades. Schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience to learn more. We look forward to hearing from you!